The SPD-SX PRO contains a Pad Link feature which lets you link any of the pads (on-board or external) together. Linking pads allows you to hit one pad and have it trigger other pads at the same time. Here's how to link pads in a Kit:
In this example, we'll link Pad's 1 and 9 together so if you hit Pad 1, it will trigger Pad 9 as well.
- Choose a Kit to edit.
- Press MENU.
- Use the cursor Left and/or Up buttons to highlight the KIT EDIT1 tab.
- Cursor down to highlight the PAD LINK/MUTE icon, and then press ENTER.
- Press F1 so the "PAD LINK" tab is highlighted blue.
The Pad Link menu appears.
- Hit Pad 1 to select it.
- Press the (+) button to choose a value of "1" in the SEND box of "P1."
- Hit Pad 9, and then cursor down to highlight the RECEIVE "P9" box.
- Press the (+) button to choose a value of "1."
If you now hit Pad 1, it will trigger its own sound as well as the sound that's assigned to Pad 9.
Note that the number value chosen for the Link can be any number from 1-16, just as long as the SEND and RECEIVE boxes for each of the pads that you want to link are sharing the same number. (e.g. SEND P1 = 5, RECEIVE P9 = 5).
If you want to hit Pad 9 and have it trigger Pad 1, repeat the Steps, but this time choose a value of "1" for the P9 SEND box, and a value of "1" for the P1 RECEIVE box. In summary, the idea is to have a Pad "send" the link message to the "receiving" Pad.
- Press the KIT button when you're finished.
The new Link settings are saved in the Kit automatically.