- VR-6HD Hardware
- Windows or Mac Computer
- USB Flash Drive
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the VR-6HD. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your VR-6HD while the update is in progress! If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the VR-6HD won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
Before you begin, connect the USB Flash Drive to the VR-6HD's USB HOST port on the frontside panel, and format it in the menu:
MENU > SD CARD/USB MEMORY > USB MEMORY - FORMAT > EXEC
- A 16 GB or smaller USB Flash Drive is recommended
- Larger drives may not finish formatting or start the update
- SD card adapters and hard drives are not compatible
- The VR-6HD will format the USB Flash Drive as "FAT32"
- You can also format it using your computer, but using the VR-6HD is recommended
Once finished, you will later connect it to your computer to transfer the update file.
Download the System Program Firmware update file from the VR-6HD Downloads Page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, click the checkbox, and click on the orange button to download.
The update files will be contained in the downloaded .ZIP archive file.
Note: The latest version is "vr120hd_sys_v107.zip", this image is for reference
It will appear in your downloads folder as vr6hd_sys_v107.zip.
Extract the files from the .ZIP file, and leave the window open, you will copy the below file to the flash drive in the next step:
Note: The latest version is "vr6hd_sys_v107", this image is for reference
Do not open the .PRG file, it is not a program that runs on your computer, and do not rename it. You will later upload it to the VR-6HD in the following steps.
Remove the USB flash drive from the VR-6HD and connect it to your computer.
Copy the update file VR-6HD.PRG to the root directory of a USB flash drive.
Do not copy the vr6hd_sys_v107 folder to the USB flash drive, only the .PRG file inside that sub-folder.
Note: The root directory is the top level or main folder you see when you connect a USB flash drive and click to open it.
Power off the VR-6HD if you have not already.
Connect your USB flash drive to the VR-6HD's USB HOST port.
Press and continue to hold the [PIP & KEY 1 PVW] + [MONITOR] + [PANEL SETUP] buttons, and turn on the power.
Continue to press and hold these 3 buttons until the LEDs for the [PIP & KEY 1 PVW] + [PANEL SETUP] buttons turn solid green, or the message "SYSTEM UPDATE / PRESS [ENTER]" appears on the LCD Display, where you will see text laid over your input sources on the multi-view.
Press [ENTER] on the VALUE knob to begin the update.
When the message "UPDATE COMPLETE 100% PLEASE RESTART" appears on the display, the update has finished.
You do not need to remove the USB flash drive.
Turn the VR-6HD's power OFF, wait a few seconds, and power back on.
Note: The first boot cycle after updating may take longer than normal, and the LCD display may temporarily turn off, please allow extra time for this boot.
Go to [MENU] > [SYSTEM], and scroll to the end to check the version number and verify the update was successful.
If you had any settings issues prior to the update, consider running a FACTORY RESET from that same page of the menu, it's right above the version number, this will reset all your settings to their defaults.
For more information about VR-6HD firmware, go to the System Program link on the Downloads page.
Note: This information is separate from the manuals.