The SPD-SX SE contains a feature called "Pad Control" which lets you designate a pad to perform various functions besides triggering a wave file. For example, you can hit a pad to increment or decrement through the different Kits, or Start/Stop the on-board Click. Here's how to assign a Pad Control function to a pad:
- Press MENU.
- Cursor to "SYS" and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "PAD/FS CTRL" and press ENTER.
- Hit the pad that you want to assign a function to.
- Press the (+) or (-) button to select one of the options. (Kit Inc, Kit Dec, Click, Tap Tempo, All Sound Off, FX1 On/Off, FX2 On/Off).
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any other pads as desired.
- Press EXIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.