After mounting the VH-14D on the Hihat stand and connecting it to the TD-27, it is recommended to calibrate it within the TD-27 which will optimize its trigger performance. Here's how:
- Turn on the TD-27's power.
- Press the SYSTEM button.
- Cursor [<] or [>] to highlight "TRIGGER," and then press ENTER.
- Cursor [<] or [>] to highlight "HI-HAT," and then press ENTER.
- Hit the VH-14D to select the Hihat input.
- Press the function 5 [F5] button (OFFSET).
- Loosen the clutch, and then let the top pad drop down and rest on the lower pad.
- Press [F5] (EXECUTE).
- The calibration process takes approximately 3 seconds.
- Press the Drum Kit button when the calibration is finished.
- Raise the top pad and tighten the clutch so there is proper space between the top and bottom pads (see the VH-14D manual for details).
Also confirm that the top and bottom pads are positioned correctly on the Hihat stand. While playing, the small round marks (dots) on the edge of each pad should be lined up.