It's possible to play (trigger) audio files directly from an SD card that's inserted into the TM-2's SD card slot. Once you have transferred your files from the computer to the SD card, you can then trigger them from the pads and/or triggers that you have connected to the TM-2's trigger inputs.
- SD or SDHC card (formatted first in the TM-2).
- Computer with an SD card port, or an external SD card reader.
- Audio files (.WAV 16 bit / 44.1kHz, Mono or Stereo). (Note: mp3 files cannot be played by the TM-2).
First, format your SD or SDHC card in the TM-2 with the following steps:
- Check the SD card and confirm that the sliding "lock" switch is not set to the Lock position.
- Insert your SD card into the card slot on the front panel of the TM-2.
- Press and hold the SHIFT button and then press the INST button.
- Press the right arrow button (>) repeatedly until "SD CARD FORMAT" appears in the display.
- Press the + button (ENTER) - "SD CARD FORMAT SURE?" appears in the display.
- Press the + button. "ARE YOU SURE" appears.
- Press the "2" button.
Next, transfer the files to the card:
- Remove the card from the TM-2's SD card slot and insert it into the computer's SD card reader.
- Locate your audio files in the computer and copy them into the WAVE folder (within the Roland folder) on the SD card.
- When you're finished transferring the files, eject the SD card from the computer.
Here's how to assign the waves on the SD card to the pads/triggers in the TM-2:
- Insert the SD card into the TM-2's card slot.
- Press the + or - button to choose the Kit that you would like to edit (There are 99 Kits in the TM-2).
- Press the INST button.
- Hit the pad that you'd like to assign an instrument to.
- Press and hold the + button you pass the factory sounds (beyond 162).
- Tip: To scroll through the sounds quickly, you can press the + and - buttons together. You can also press and hold the SHIFT button while pressing the + or - buttons which selects each instrument category.
- Once you have chosen the instrument, repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads that you have connected.
- Press the INST button when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.