The SPD-SX contains built-in multi-effects that can be assigned to the pads in each Kit. Here's a list of the FX that are available:
In this example, we'll activate the FX 1 switch, choose "Reverb" as the effect, and then assign it to the pads. Here's how:
- Press MENU.
- Cursor to the "FX" icon, and then press the function 3 (F3) button (ENTER).
- Press F1 to select the FX-1 tab.
- Press the + button to turn on the FX switch (FX1 SW).
- Cursor down to highlight "FX1 TYPE."
- Press the + or - button to choose "REVERB."
- Use the cursor up/down buttons and the +/- buttons to adjust the various reverb parameters as desired.
- Press EXIT once.
- Cursor to highlight the KIT icon, and then press ENTER.
- Press F2 to select the output tab (OUTPUT).
- Hit the pad that you'd like to apply effects to.
- Press the +/- button so that the pad is *routed* through the FX1 block.
- Repeat Steps 11 and 12 for the remaining pads.
- Press the KIT button when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.