Before installing a VS8F-3, make sure that the VS-2400CD's operating system is at least to version 1.5:
Note: Due to the age of the product, we no longer offer support for updating the operating system. If you need assistance updating the VS-2400CD, you may contact a local service center to discuss their pricing:
To physically install the board use the following procedure:
- Power off and unplug the recorder.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver remove the screws on the underside of the VS-2400.
- Remove the bottom plate.
- Grasp any grounded metal object to discharge any static electricity.
- Handling the board only by its edges, gently push back the white tab that locks the board in place and remove any expansion board that might currently occupy slot A.
- Handling the VS8F-3 board only by its edges press it into slot A.
Note: The VS8F-3 that you place into slot A will become your "Key Card." This Key Card will contain the authorization information that will be encoded when you install the various VS Plug Ins.
- Replace the plate and screws.
- Install the VS8F-3 Plug-in using the installation disc: