Due to the age of the product, the BR-1200CD was last compatible with Window 7 and Mac OS X 10.15. Later operating system are not compatible and sadly will not work properly.
BR-1200CD Track Export
You can transfer any recorded track(s) to your computer as WAV (for Windows) or AIFF (for Mac) files to be used with your favorite audio software.
Note: If you would like to export all of your tracks together as one stereo file, bounce your tracks first. The following article will guide you through the bouncing procedure:
BR-1200CD: BOUNCING or MIXING Tracks to a Single Stereo Track
1. Connect the BR-1200CD to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Press UTILITY.
3. Press the CURSOR left or right buttons to select the USB icon and then press ENTER.
4. Press CURSOR left or right to select the EXPORT icon and then press ENTER - "Save Current" appears in the display.
5. Press ENTER to save the current recording.
6. Use the CURSOR buttons and the TIME/VALUE dial to select the track (and its V.Track) that you would like to export to your computer. For example: If you would like to export track 1 and have not changed any V.Tracks, select "1-1" (Track 1 – V.Track 1) as the SOURCE.
Note 1: If you would like to export all recorded tracks within the current song file, turn the TIME/VALUE dial clockwise until the SOURCE reads "*-*".
Note 2: If you would like to export tracks as stereo (e.g. your bounced tracks), select the track combination 1/2 through 15/16. For example: If you have bounced to tracks 11/12-1, select "Track 11/12 – V.Track 1."
7. Move the cursor to “TYPE” and use the TIME/VALUE dial to select the file format.
WAV: This is an audio format used primarily with Windows.
AIFF: This audio format is used primarily with Macintosh.
8. Press F3 (GO). Conversion of the track(s) begins and the BR-1200CD will eventually connect to your computer. This may take a few moments.
9. Double click on the "BR-1200CD" (or "Removable Disk") icon that is added to your computer's screen.
Note to Windows users: If this icon does not appear, click "START" and then "My Computer" in Windows. The icon will be in "Devices with Removable Storage".
10. Click on the USB folder.
12. Drag the audio file(s) to your computer's desktop, in a folder that you have created or directly into your recording software.
12. Press EXIT on the BR-1200CD. "Disconnect USB OK?" appears in the BR-1200CD's display.
13. Press ENTER.