To synchronize two recorders together,one recorder will need to generate MTC (MIDI TIME CODE) and the other recorder will need to be able to sync to MTC. Any of the BR recorders can generate MTC or MIDI Clock however,the only BR recorder that can sync to MTC is the BR-1600CD running version 2.0 or higher software.
The MIDI message that starts and stops two machine together is a seperate type of message called MMC (MIDI MACHINE CONTROL.) You will also need to make the proper MMC setting for the two recorders.
To Sync a BR-1600CD to any other BR;
First, Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI output of the "Master" BR to the MIDI input of the BR-1600CD then make the following settings;
On the "Master" BR recorder.
- Press the UTILITY button.
- CURSOR to the SYNC icon, and then press ENTER/YES.
- Use the TIME/VALUE wheel to change the 'Sync Generator' parameter to MTC.
- Press EXIT/NO and then CURSOR to the MIDI icon. Press ENTER/YES .
- CURSOR to MMC Mode and use the TIME/VALUE wheel to select 'Master'.
- Press EXIT/NO to return the main screen.
Settings for the "Slave" BR-1600CD:
- Press UTILITY.
- CURSOR to the SYNC icon, and press ENTER/YES.
- CURSOR to the MTC SLAVE parameter and use the TIME/VALUE wheel to set it to 'On.'
- Press EXIT/NO and then CURSOR to the MIDI icon. Press the ENTER/YES button.
- Set the MMC MODE to "Off".
- Press EXIT/NO.