The RD-700GX normally requires that a Roland USB driver be installed on your computer to be able to communicate correctly. If you have an operating system that is not supported, you can set the RD-700SGXto use the MIDI driver that is built into your computer's operating system (for instance, Core MIDI on Mac OSX). To do this you must change the USB Driver setting to "Generic."
- Press the EDIT button.
- Use the up and down cursor buttons to select "0. SYSTEM," and then press the ENTER button.
- Use the left and right cursor buttons to switch menus, and then use the up and down cursor buttons to select "USB Driver."
- Use the DEC/INC buttons or the Value dial to select the USB driver.
- Press the F1 (WRITE) button.
- Turn the power off, and then on again.