Calibrating the VH-11 is crucial for optimum trigger results and functionality. We recommend calibrating the VH-11 on a regular basis. Use the following procedure to do so:
- Turn on the TD-12.
- Release the hihat clutch and let the VH-11 pad rest on the motion sensor (foot off of the pedal).
- Press and hold the KIT button and then press the TRIGGER button. You can release them after the Hihat Trigger menu is displayed.
- Turn the OPEN/CLOSE knob on the top of the VH-11 until the indicator between the two vertical lines highlights the two left and right arrows in the TD-12's display.
- If the indicator is below the arrows, turn the nut clockwise.
- If the indicator is above them, turn the nut counterclockwise.
- Note that it may take several rotations until the indicator starts to move. Also, the nut may get tight, which is normal.
- When you're finished, press the KIT button to exit, then raise the VH-11 pad and tighten the clutch.