Original factory data must be loaded in via MIDI or a Card. There is a memory clearing function that may stop any unusual problems occurring in the unit. Use the following procedure to clear the memory:
- Power on while holding down the DATA TRANSFER and 0 buttons.
Normally the D-50 is looking for a "handshake" command in order to dump or load its exclusive messages. This is not a problem if you are using two D-50's. However, if you need to do a one-way dump or load using another device (such as a MIDI sequencer), you will have to hold down the DATA TRANSFER button during the entire procedure to override the handshake command. The D-50 must be set to the same MIDI channel for the load and dump procedure. (Press MIDI and use selector buttons).
Use the following procedure to reload the Factory Settings from a sequencer or librarian program:
- Press the TUNE/FUNCTION button.
- Select Protect by pushing the button labeled TONE BALANCE.
- Use the joystick to change PROTECT to OFF.
- Press and HOLD the DATA TRANSFER button and while holding the button select [B.Load].
- Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button and press ENTER.
- Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button and send the bulk dump from your external unit.
- Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button until the screen says [Complete].