To keep the hard drive working correctly, you will need to format it on a regular basis. Use the following procedure to format your hard drive.
CAUTION:Formatting the hard drive erases ALL recordings and data on the drive. This includes any installed plug-ins as well. Be sure to back up all of your project data (recordings) and plug-ins to CD/DVD(s) before formatting the drive. The following links will guide you through this:
Backing Up Plug-Ins
1. Press PROJECT.
2. Use the CURSOR arrows to Select "IDE:0".
3. Press PAGE until "FmtDrv" is displayed above F2.
4. Press F2.
5. CURSOR to "Physical Format".
6. Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that "On" is selected.
7. CURSOR to "Surface Scan".
8. Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that "On" is selected.
9. Press F5 [OK].
10. Press ENTER/YES two times.
Note:The amount of time that it takes to format the drive will depend on the size of the drive.
RECOVERING BACKUP PROJECTS
If any projects need to be recovered from backup CDs after the format has completed, the following article guides through this procedure: