A sample in the SPD-SX is referred to as a “wave.” There are 210 waves built in. Here’s how to assign them to pads.
- Select a kit to edit.
- Press the MENU button.
- Use the cursor arrow buttons to select PAD, and then press ENTER.
- Press the cursor up button to select the "WAVE" field.
- Hit the pad (or step on the external footswitch that you may have connected) that you’d like to assign a wave to.
- Press + or – to select the desired wave.
Tip: To scroll through waves quickly, hold down PAD CHECK/SHIFT while pressing - or + .
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for the remaining pads.
- Press EXIT twice when you’re finished—your new wave assignments are automatically saved in the kit.