The included Guitar Tracks recording software provides powerful streamlined recording, editing, mixing, and finalizing of music.
Note: The V-STUDIO 20 Driver and Guitar Tracks Software must be installed prior to performing the setup below. If you haven't yet installed this software, follow the instructions found in the “V-STUDIO 20 Software and Driver Installation” article by clicking here.
Guitar Tracks Software Setup
1. Connect the V-STUDIO 20 to your computer via USB.
2. Launch the Guitar Tracks software.
- If a window appears indicating “No MIDI Outputs Selected,” click on “MIDI Outputs Now.” The MIDI Devices window appears.
- If this window does not appear, click on Options on the top of the screen and then select “MIDI Devices...” The MIDI Devices window appears.
3. Click the box to the left of “VS-20 DAW Control” for both the Input and Output windows. A checkmark appears in each box.
4. Click OK. The Quick Start window appears.
5. Click Options on the top of the screen, and then select “Audio…”.
6. Use the associated dropdown menus to make the following settings, and then click OK:
- Driver Mode “ASIO”
- Playback Device: “VS-20 OUT”
- Recording Device: “VS-20 IN”
Recording Audio in Guitar Tracks
1. Connect your audio input source into the V-STUDIO 20: microphone, guitar, keyboard, etc.
2. In the INPUT section of the V-STUDIO 20, select the button associated with your input: MIC 1, MIC 2, LINE or GUITAR/BASS.
3. Adjust the SENS knob in the INPUT section to get a good volume level from your source.
4. On the bottom left of the Guitar Tracks software window, click on the Track view icon in the VIEW section. This will be the leftmost icon of the three, with horizontal lines inside. The Track view window appears.
5. Click the down arrow icon to the right of Track 1 and then click INPUT/OUTPUT.
6. Click the down arrow directly to the left of “PHASE INVERT”—a dropdown menu appears for selecting the input source for Track 1.
7. In the dropdown menu, click VS-20, and then select “Stereo VS-20 IN.” The VS-20 has been selected as the input source for Track 1.
8. On the bottom left of the Guitar Tracks software window, click the Console view icon in the VIEW section. This will be the center icon of the three, with vertical lines inside. The Console view window appears.
9. Click the box directly above “Track 1” to arm the track for recording. The button icon turns red.
10. Press the red Record button on the V-STUDIO 20 to begin recording. Press the Stop button when you're finished recording.