Before you burn a CD or export a mix to your computer, you must first mix down your tracks. This process is called "bouncing." To bounce tracks in the BR-1600CD, follow these steps:
- Adjust the track settings (i.e. volume, pan, effects, etc) so that the recording sounds the way you like it when it is played.
- Press the REC MODE button repeatedly until the red indicator is lit next to BOUNCE.
- Press the 9/10 track button -(located directly beneath the volume fader for track 9/10). The button will begin to flash, indicating that track 9/10 has been selected as the destination for bouncing.
- Press the V-TRACK button, and then the REC TRACK button for 9/10 (beneath the track fader). Look at the screen where it says V-Track. Take note of what number its on because this is what youre going to be bouncing to. For example, if it says V-Track: 16, youre going to burn 9/10 V16 to CD.
- Press REC, and then press PLAY. Both PLAY and REC buttons will light and recording (bouncing) begins.
- When the song ends, press STOP.
- To check that the bouncing was successful, lower all volume faders except for 9/10 and the Master.
- Press the ZERO button and then press PLAY. Press STOP when you're finished listening.
- To store the new bounced recording, press and hold STOP and press REC - "Save Current?" appears in the display.
- Press ENTER.
Now you can burn a CD using tracks 9/10 or you can export those tracks to your computer.