The Song Backup function creates a copy of all parameter settings within a song (e.g. effect, fader level, pan, settings) as well as all of the recorded audio track data within the song. Use the following steps to back up your projects to a computer.
Note: These Song Backup files are proprietary and meant to be loaded back into only a BR-1600CD. If track files are needed to load into audio software or another recorder, the Track Export function can be used:
1. Connect the BR-1600CD and a computer with a standard A/B USB cable.
2. Press the BR-1600CD's UTILITY button.
3. Use the CURSOR buttons to select "USB" onscreen, and then press ENTER.
4. Use the CURSOR buttons to select "BACKUP" onscreen, and then press ENTER. The BR-1600CD begins to communicate with your computer. When a connection with the computer has been established, the message changes to “Copy Song/Data Files to computer.”
5. If you're using:
- Windows—a window appears on your computer with the files and folders from the BR-1600CD's hard drive. If this window does not appear, click select "My Computer" from the Start menu. The BR-1600CD (or "Removable Disk") icon will be in Devices with Removable Storage.
- Mac OS X—double-click on the "BR-1600CD" (or "Removable Disk") icon that's added to your computer's desktop.
6. Select ALL of the files and folders in the BR-1600CD's hard drive and copy them to your computer:
Caution: Do not change the names or locations of any files or folders. Doing so will cause the backup to be non-recoverable.
7. As soon as the file transfer is complete, press EXIT on the BR-1600CD—"Disconnect USB OK?" appears on the BR-1600CD.
8. Press ENTER.
Note: To recover a backup, the following article guides through this: