The BR Wav Converter software provides an easy and fast way to convert tracks from your BR-800 into .WAV files that can be used on your computer, and to convert .WAV files on your computer into tracks you can use on your BR. You may download the BR Wav Converter software by clicking on a link below:
BR WAV Converter Windows
BR WAV Converter Mac OS X
Exporting from the BR-800 to Your Computer
- Connect a USB cable between the computer and the BR-800.
- On the BR-800, press the MENU button.
- Cursor to "USB," and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "WAV CONVERTER," and then press ENTER twice—after a few moments, the BR-800 appears as an external drive on your computer.
Note: On Windows, the BR-800 may appear on your computer with an external drive letter (ie: E: or F:). You can close any windows that open automatically, but you’ll need to know this drive letter in Step 6 below.
- Launch the BR WAV converter software by double clicking the "BRWC" icon on your computer.
Note: The BRWC software is provided as a .zip or .sit file you'll need to extract before using.
- Once the BR WAV converter program is open, use the Drive menu to select the BR-800 drive you identified in Step 4.
- Select the song you wish to work with from the Song menu.
Note: Green squares appear on a grid that shows you the V-Tracks in your song.
The horizontal columns—from left to right—represent the Tracks:
The vertical columns—from top to bottom—represent the V.Tracks:
For example: Each of the green squares in the image above represents V-Track 1 for each Track 1 through Track 8.
- If you wish to export an odd/even pair of tracks in stereo, link them by clicking the L/R button at the bottom of their column. For example: If you mastered your song to TR78-VMST, you would click the L/R button on the bottom of Columns 7 and 8.
- Click the track(s) you wish to export—they change to orange.
Tip: You can also click the ALL button to select all tracks for exporting.
- Click EXPORT and then click GO.
- Select the destination folder. If you’re unsure where to save your exported file(s), choose "DESKTOP."
- Type a file name of your choice into the FILENAME box, and then click SAVE. (If you're exporting multiple V-Tracks, they'll share this name in addition to their individual track and V-Track numbers.)
Your BR-800 V-Tracks have been converted into .WAV files and are now on your computer’s desktop.
- Quit the BR Wav Converter software. On the BR-800, press EXIT, and then ENTER to safely eject the recorder from your computer.