Each of the TD-11’s 50 kits can be customized in a variety of ways. Choosing the desired instruments for each of the pads within a drum kit is a good place to start. Here’s how.
- Choose a kit to edit.
- Press MENU.
- Press the function 1 button (INST).
- Hit a pad for which you’d like to choose a new instrument.
Note: If you want the head and rim to be assigned separately, press the function 1 button (LINK) to unlink the head and rim. This will allow the head to be assigned to one instrument and the rim to be anything else. Be sure to hit the head or rim after unlinking to select it.
- Turn the dial to select the desired instrument.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads you want to set up.
- Press EXIT twice when you’re finished — your changes are saved automatically.