Note: This article refers to the 2011 MICRO BR® BR-80 Digital Recorder. If you're looking for information on the BOSS MICRO BR® Digital Recorder that was released in 2006, please click this link:
BOSS - MICRO BR BR-80 | Digital Recorder
The BR WAV Converter software provides a way to convert tracks from your BR-80 into .WAV files that can be used on your computer. Here’s how to use the software. You may download the software by clicking on the link below:
Exporting from the BR-80 to Your Computer
- On the BR-80, press the MENU button.
- Press the cursor buttons to select "FUNCTION" and then press ENTER.
- Press the cursor buttons to select "USB" and then press ENTER.
- Turn the dial to select "STORAGE" and then press ENTER twice.
- Turn off the BR-80's power, and then back on again. The BR-80's USB mode is now set to "Storage."
- Use a USB cable to connect the BR-80 to your computer.
Note: In the Windows operating system, the BR-80 may appear on your computer with an external drive letter - (For example; E: or F:). You can close any windows that open automatically, but you’ll need to know this drive letter in Step 8 below.
- Launch the BR WAV converter software by double clicking the "BRWC" icon on your computer.
Note: The BRWC software is provided as a .zip or .sit file you'll need to extract it before using it.
- Once the BR WAV converter program is open, use the Drive menu at the top left of the screen to select the BR-80 drive you identified in Step 6.
- Select the song you wish to work with from the Song menu.
Note: Green squares appear on a grid that shows you the V-Tracks in your song.
The horizontal columns—from left to right—represent the Tracks:
The vertical columns—from top to bottom—represent the V.Tracks:
Note: Each of the green squares in the image above represents V-Track 1 for each Track 1 through Track 8.
- If you wish to export an odd/even pair of tracks in stereo, link them by clicking the L/R button at the bottom of their column. For example: If you mastered your song to TR78-VMST, you would click the L/R button on the bottom of Columns 7 and 8.
- Click the track(s) you wish to export — their color changes to orange.
Tip: You can also click the "ALL" button to select all tracks for exporting.
- Click EXPORT and then GO at the bottom left-hand corner.
- Select the destination folder. If you’re unsure where to save your exported file(s), choose "DESKTOP."
- Type a file name of your choice into the FILENAME box, and then click SAVE. (If you're exporting multiple V-Tracks, they'll share this name in addition to their individual track and V-Track numbers.)
- You can now drag the .WAV files directly into tracks in audio software (Sonar, Pro Tools, Logic, etc.) or use the .WAV file(s) as needed.
- Quit the BR Wav Converter software by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.
- Stop the connection between the BR-80 and your computer:
Windows Users - From the Windows Start menu, click on “Computer.” Right-click the “BOSS_BR-80” icon (or the “Removable disk (*:)” icon), and then click on “Eject.”
Mac OS Users - Drag the “BR-80” icon to the “Eject” ("Trash") icon.