It's important to set the proper Trigger Type for an external pad that you have connected to the SPD-SX. Doing so sets up the input and optimizes the trigger response and accuracy for the pad/trigger. Here's how:
- Press MENU.
- Use the cursor buttons to select the "SETUP" icon, and then press ENTER.
- Press the cursor up or down button to select "TRIG IN," and then press ENTER.
- Hit the external pad - (This automatically selects the input that you're connected to).
- Press the + or - button to choose the Input Mode that matches your external pad setup. Choose "Head&Rim" if you have one pad connected to one of the inputs. Choose "TRIGX2" if you have two pads connected.
- Press cursor down to choose "TRIG 1/2 TYPE."
- Press + or - to choose the appropriate Trigger Type for the pad/trigger.
- Press EXIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.