In the TD-30, it's possible to hit a pad to start, stop, or "tap" through a Pattern. This feature is called "Pad Pattern." Some of the factory kits have patterns already assigned to pads. Here's how to assign your own pattern to a pad.
- Choose a Kit to edit.
- Press the INST button so it's lit.
- Press F3 (CONTROL).
- Press F1 (PATTERN).
- Press the cursor up or down button to select "PAD Ptn."
- Hit the pad that you'd like to assign a pattern to.
- Turn the dial to choose a desired pattern.
- Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to assign any other pads if desired.
- Press KIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.