When using MIDI, you must match the MIDI channel of the SPD-SX with your external device. From the factory, the SPD-SX's MIDI channel is set to channel 10. If you need to change the MIDI channel to something other than 10, follow these steps.
- Select a Kit to edit.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press the Function 2[F2] button below the display to highlight the "SETUP" icon, and then press ENTER.
- Use the cursor buttons to highlight "MIDI," and then press ENTER.
- Press the cursor up button to choose "GLOBAL CH."
- Press the + or - button to choose the desired channel (OFF, 1-16).
- Press EXIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.