The included Sonar VS recording software provides powerful streamlined recording, editing, mixing, and finalizing of music.
Note: The V-STUDIO 100 Driver, VS Production Pack Software, and SONAR VS Software must be installed and setup prior to following the instructions below. If you have not installed and setup this software, follow the instructions found in the “V-STUDIO 100 Software and Driver Installation” and "Configuring the VS-100 for Sonar VS" articles found in the knowledge base by clicking here.
Sonar VS Recording Procedure:
- Connect your instrument into the V-STUDIO 100 (e.g. guitar, keyboard, microphone, etc).
- Adjust the SENS knob of the associated input to get a good volume level from your source and/or raise the volume of your instrument.
- On the top of the Sonar VS software window, click on the Track view icon in the “VIEW” section. The Track view window appears.
- Click on “Insert” on the top of the screen and then select “Audio Track”. A new audio track is created.
- Click on the up arrow icon to the right of the newly created track’s name.
- Click on the up arrow icon to the right of “INPUT/OUTPUT”.
- Click on the down arrow directly to the left of “PHASE INVERT” - A dropdown menu appears for selecting the input source for the track.
- In the dropdown menu, click on “VS-100” and then click on the VS-100 input associated with your instrument (e.g. microphone, guitar, keyboard, etc).
- Click on the gray dot below the track name. The button icon will turn red.
- Press the red record button on the V-STUDIO 100 hardware to begin recording in Sonar VS. Press the stop button when you're finished recording.