The BR-1600CD allows you to easily import audio phrases from commercially available sampling CDs that can be used as loops for your songs. This audio data can be imported into a selected phrase using the Loop Phrase Import function and then used when constructing a Rhythm Arrangement.
The following are specifications for audio files that can be imported into a BR-1600CD’s Loop Phrase:
• WAV or AIFF audio
• Mono or stereo
• 8 or 16 bit
• 44.1 kHz sampling rate
• 0.5 seconds to 30 minutes in length.
Here’s how to import an audio file from a commercially available sampling CD:
- Insert a CD-ROM, CD-R, or CD-RW containing audio data in WAV or AIFF format into the BR-1600CD’s CDR/ RW drive.
- Press CD-R/RW [LOOP PHRASE IMPORT]. The Loop Phrase screen will appear.
- Move the cursor to the IMPORT icon and press [ENTER/YES]. The Loop Phrase Import screen will appear displaying a list of the WAV and AIFF files contained on the CD. If files are grouped into different folders on this disc, the folder names are displayed together with a folder icon. To view the list of files within a folder, move the cursor to the corresponding folder name and press [ENTER/YES].
- Press [F1] (TYPE) to change the type of audio file to be imported. This button toggles between WAV and AIFF formats.
- Position the cursor on the file you want to import.
- If you would like to hear the audio contained in the file, press [F2] (PREVIEW). The BR-1600CD will play the contents of the audio file (Preview). Press [ENTER/YES] once again when you want to stop playback.
- Move the cursor to the right half of the screen and use the TIME/VALUE dial to select the Loop Phrase to which the data is to be imported.
- Press [F4] (GO). The loop/sample that you have imported is now available to be used in a Rhythm Arrangement.