The following article will guide you through properly installing the QUAD-CAPTURE driver for your Windows 8, 7 or Vista computer.
• When installing, you must log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
• Close system monitoring/anti-virus software before installing. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you’ve finished installing the driver.
- Disconnect any USB connecting devices—except your keyboard and mouse. This includes the QUAD-CAPTURE, any hubs, external drives, etc.
- Download the driver by clicking on the link below:
QUAD-CAPTURE Driver Download
- Note: Be sure to note where on your computer's hard drive you are downloading the driver to (e.g. in the "Downloads" folder).
- After the download has completed, close down all software on your computer.
- Open the folder location on your computer that you downloaded the driver to.
- Right-click on the downloaded driver and then select "Extract All..." An extraction destination window will appear.
- Click on "Browse", select "Desktop" as the destination and then click on "OK".
- Click on "Show selected files when complete" so that a check mark appears in the box.
- Click on "Extract". A window will appear with the extracted/uncompressed contents of the driver download.
- Right-click on "Uninstal" and then select "Run as administrator".
- Follow the instructions on screen and then restart your computer when the uninstall has completed.
- After restarting your computer, open the extracted/uncompressed driver folder on your desktop. Note: Do not open the downloaded zipped file with the ".zip" extension.
- Be sure that the QUAD-CAPTURE is not connected to the computer via USB.
- Right-click on "Setup" and then select "Run as administrator".
WHEN USING WITH WINDOWS 8: When the Windows SmartScreen is displayed upon installing the driver, please perform the following procedure:
a. Click [ More info ]
b. Click [ Run anyway ]
* Skip Step (a.) if your PC is not connected to the internet.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
Note: Connect your QUAD-CAPTURE directly to your computer--do not connect the QUAD-CAPTURE through a USB hub.