One of the most common editing functions that you will want to perform on the VS Workstations is copying a region of audio on a track to another part of your song/project. For example, copying a vocal performance from one chorus to all of the chorus' in a song. The following procedure will guide you through the Region Copy function using the installed LCD screen. If you are using an external VGA video monitor, the knowledge base article link below will guide you through this process.
Copying Audio Using a Mouse and External VGA Monitor
Region Copy (LCD Monitor)
- Press and hold SHIFT and then press F2(TRACK). The Track Edit Menu appears.
- Press F6(REG->PH) until “REGION” appears on the right side of the screen.
- Press PAGE until the F1 button is assigned as COPY.
- Press F1(COPY). The REGION COPY screen appears.
- Press F1(SelTrk). The REGION COPY track select screen appears.
- Use the cursor buttons to select a track that you would like to copy.
- Press F3(MARK) to mark the selected track.
- Use the black PREVIEW dial to select the track, to the right of the arrow, which you would like make the copy to.
- Note: The number to the left of each arrow is the source track and the number right the right of each arrow is the destination track. For example: a setting of “2-1 à 4-1” would be copying Track 2 Virtual Track 1 to Track 4 Virtual track 1.
- Press F1(BACK) to return to the previous screen.
- Use the cursor buttons and the PREVIEW dial to make the appropriate IN, OUT, FROM and TO settings.
Edit Points Defined:
- IN: sets the beginning of the audio region to be copied.
- OUT: sets the end of the audio region to be copied.
- FROM: sets the location of the region’s time anchor.
- TO: sets the time location at which you want to paste the FROM time anchor to.
Note: The IN and OUT points determine the portion of the audio track that will be copied. The FROM point is a time anchor (reference point); the FROM point will be moved to the TO point. In most cases, it is best to set the FROM point identical to the IN point.
- Press F5(OK). A confirmation window appears.
- Press ENTER/YES to perform the Region Copy function.