The following steps will guide you through an alternative driver installation process in the event that you are receiving an error message or the driver will not install properly on your computer.
- When installing, you must log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
- Close system monitoring/anti-virus software before installing. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you’ve finished installing the driver.
- Download the driver from the link below:
- Be sure to note where on your computer's hard drive you are downloading the driver to (e.g. in the "Downloads" folder).
- After the download has completed, close down all software on your computer.
- Open the folder location on your computer that you downloaded the driver to.
- Right-click on the downloaded driver and then select "Extract All..." An extraction destination window will appear.
Note: If you have WinZip installed, select instead "WinZip", click on "Extract to..." and then skip to step 7.
- Click on "Browse".
- Select "Desktop" as the destination and then click on "OK" (or "Unzip").
- Close the window so that only the Desktop is visible.
- Connect the V-STUDIO 20 to your computer via USB and then turn the unit on--do not connect the V-STUDIO 20 through a USB hub.
- Windows 8:
a. Move your mouse to the top-right of the screen. The Charms bar appears on the right hand side of the screen.
b. Click on "Settings".
Windows 7 and Vista:
a. Click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- Select Control Panel. The Control Panel window will appear.
- On the top-right of the Control Panel window, set the “View by:” to “Small Icons”.
- Click on the “System” icon. The System window appears.
- In the left panel of the System window, click on “Device Manager”. The Device Manager window appears.
- Right-click on "V-STUDIO 20", "or VS-20" in the "Other devices" section of the Device Manager window.
- Click (left-click) on "Update Driver Software..."
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Click on "Browse".
- Select "Desktop" and then click on "OK".
- Click on "Next". The driver will begin installing.
Note: if a message appears asking "Would you like to install this device software?", click on "Install".
- Click on "Close" when the driver has completed installation.