Note: This article refers to the 2011 MICRO BR® BR-80 Digital Recorder. If you're looking for information on the BOSS MICRO BR® Digital Recorder that was released in 2006, please click this link:
If you receive a message on the BR-80's display stating "USB Idling...", then the BR-80 is in USB Storage Mode. In order to install the BR-80's driver ,and use the device as an audio interface to pass audio to and from your computer in real-time, the BR-80 will need to be in USB Audio Mode. The following steps will guide you through this procedure.
- Press the MENU button.
- Cursor to "Function" and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "USB" and then press ENTER.
- Use the dial to specify "AUDIO" and then press ENTER.
- A message will appear: "Please restart to change the USB mode."
- Press ENTER.
- Power off the BR-80 and then turn the power back on.
You may now use the BR-80 as an audio interface.
Note: You will first need to install the driver to accomplish this. The driver may be downloaded here: