Note: This article refers to the 2011 MICRO BR® BR-80 Digital Recorder. If you're looking for information on the BOSS MICRO BR® Digital Recorder that was released in 2006, please click this link:
The following steps will guide you through an alternative driver installation process in the event that you are receiving an error message or the driver will not install properly on your computer.
BR-80 AUDIO USB MODE:
- Press the MENU button.
- Cursor to "Function" and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "USB" and then press ENTER.
- Use the dial to specify "AUDIO" and then press ENTER.
A message will appear: "Please restart to change the USB mode."
- Press ENTER.
- Power off the BR-80 and then turn the power back on. Your BR-80 is now ready to be synced with the eBand software.
• When installing, you must log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
• Close system monitoring/anti-virus software before installing. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you’ve finished installing the driver.
- Download the driver from the following link: BR-80 Downloads
- Be sure to note where on your computer's hard drive you are downloading the driver to (e.g. in the "Downloads" folder).
- After the download has completed, close down all software on your computer.
- Open the folder location on your computer that you downloaded the driver to.
- Right-click on the downloaded driver and then select "Extract All..." An extraction destination window will appear.
Note: If you have WinZip installed, select instead "WinZip", click on "Extract to..." and then skip to step 7.
- Click on "Browse".
- Select "Desktop" as the destination and then click on "OK" (or "Unzip").
- Close the window so that only the Desktop is visible.
- Connect the BR-80 to your computer via USB and then turn the unit on--do not connect the BR-80 through a USB hub.
- Windows 8:
a. Move your mouse to the top-right of the screen. The Charms bar appears on the right hand side of the screen.
b. Click on "Settings".
Windows 7, Vista and XP:
a. Click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- Select Control Panel. The Control Panel window will appear.
- On the top-right of the Control Panel window, set the “View by:” to “Small Icons”.
- Click on the “System” icon. The System window appears.
- In the left panel of the System window, click on “Device Manager”. The Device Manager window appears.
- Right-click on "BR-80", in the "Other devices" section of the Device Manager window.
- Click (left-click) on "Update Driver Software..."
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Click on "Browse".
- Select "Desktop" and then click on "OK".
- Click on "Next". The driver will begin installing.
Note: if a message appears asking "Would you like to install this device software?", click on "Install".
- Click on "Close" when the driver has completed installation.