If a CD that you burned on the CD-2i will not play in your CD player, the CD disc may not have been finalized. Finalization is the process of writing final information (the number of songs that are on the disc, the song numbers, track playback times, etc.) to a CD-R/RW disc. When you “finalize” a CD-R/RW disc that was written (burned) by the CD-2i, that disc will be playable as a music CD in another CD player.
- Insert the CD-R/RW disc that you want to finalize.
- Press the EJECT button. A message will appear with "Finalize. Are You Sure?"
- Press the ENTER button.
Note: If you are not prompted to finalize the disc at this time, you may the follow the steps below:
- Press the CD button under MODE.
- With the un-finalized disk inserted, press the EASY GUIDE button.
- CURSOR to "3. Write (SD->CD)" and then press ENTER. "Finalize. Are You Sure?" will appear on the screen.
- Press ENTER.
- Be sure that the CDs being used are compatible:
CD-2i: What Type of Blank CDs are Compatible
- Test with a different brand of blank CDs. Even if you've been using the same brand for some time, their manufacturing may have changed.
- Be sure that a Roland brand PSB-120 or PSB-1U power supply is being used--3rd party power supplies can cause the unit to not operate properly.
- The SD card may be fragmented. Try formatting the SD memory card to alleviate possible fragmentation:
CD-2i: Formatting an SD Memory Card
Note: This will erase all data on the card.
- Test with a different compatible SD card:
CD-2i: SD Card Compatibility Guidelines