When the VS-100 is being used as an audio interface, you may send audio from your recording software (e.g. Sonar X1) to any VS-100 audio outputs and then into an external effects processor; the output of the effects processor would then connect back into the VS-100’s inputs. This audio effect return from the effect processor can be recorded into your audio software. The following is an example setup:
- Setup a your recording software to send out track audio to the VS-100's OUTPUT 3 and 4--either directly or through an Aux bus. If you are using the Sonar X1 software that was included with the VS-100, you may find these instructions in the “Sonar X1: Sending a Track to an External Device” section below.
- Connect the VS-100 OUTPUTS 3 and 4 into the inputs of your external effects processor.
- Turn up the input and output volume of your external effects processor.
- Connect the external effect processor's outputs to the VS-100's INPUTS 3 and 4.
- On the VS-100, raise INPUT 3L/4R volume to the 12 o'clock position.
- In your recording software, setup a track to record from the VS-100's INPUTS 3 and 4. This new track will be recording just the external effect processor's audio.
You may now begin playing the tracks and recording the external effect returns coming from the VS-100's inputs 3 and 4.
Note: There is not a function to connect an external effect processor when using the VS-100 in SD WAV Recorder mode (i.e. recording onto the internal SD memory).