The following article will guide you through properly installing the RC-300 driver for your Windows 8, 7 or Vista computer.
- When you use this driver version, the RC-300 system program MUST be updated to the latest version (Ver.1.03 or later).
- When installing, you must log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
- Close system monitoring/anti-virus software before installing. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you’ve finished installing the driver.
RC-300 USB MODE:
Before installing the driver, the RC-300's USB mode must be set to Audio:
- Press the [SYSTEM] button.
- Repeatedly press the [ ] button until the “USB Mode” parameter appears.
- Turn the [MEMORY/VALUE] knob to select the “AUDIO."
- Press the [EXIT] button.
- Disconnect any USB connecting devices—except your keyboard and mouse. This includes the RC-300, any hubs, external drives, etc.
- Download the driver by clicking on the link below:
- Be sure to note where on your computer's hard drive you are downloading the driver to (e.g. in the "Downloads" folder).
- After the download has completed, close down all software on your computer.
- Open the folder location on your computer that you downloaded the driver to.
- Right-click on the downloaded driver and then select "Extract All..." An extraction destination window will appear.
Note: If you have WinZip installed, select instead "WinZip", click on "Extract to..." and then skip to step 8.
- Click on "Browse."
- Select "Desktop" as the destination and then click on "OK".
- Click on "Show selected files when complete" so that a check mark appears in the box.
- Click on "Extract". A window will appear with the extracted/uncompressed contents of the driver download.
- Be sure that the RC-300 is not connected to the computer via USB.
- Windows 8, 7 and Vista:
- Right-click on "Setup" and then select "Run as administrator".
- Double-click on "Setup".
- Follow the instructions on screen and connect the RC-300 to your computer only when prompted.
Note: Connect your RC-300 directly to your computer--do not connect the RC-300 through a USB hub.