When two or more pads are mounted to the same stand, hitting one pad may trigger the sound from another pad unintentionally. This is referred to as "Crosstalk." Increasing the Crosstalk Cancel (X-Talk Cancel) value for a pad in the TD-30 can help reduce the possibility of crosstalk.
From the factory, the TD-30's XTalk Cancel values are already set to their optimum values. If you're experiencing crosstalk from a pad, you can set the X-Talk value manually if desired.
Here's how to manually adjust the Crosstalk Cancel for a pad in the TD-30.
1. Press the TRIGGER button.
2. Press F4(MONITOR).
3. Press F2(XTALK).
4. Press the cursor left or right button to choose the pad that's being triggered by another. For example, if you hit a tom pad and it triggers the sound of a crash pad, select the crash pad.
5. Turn the dial to increase the X-Talk value (0-80).
Test the pads by playing them and see if the X-Talk is still occurring. If so, raise the X-Talk Cancel value for the pad further.
6. Repeat the steps for any remaining pads if needed.
Note: Increased X-Talk Cancel values can actually cause a pad to not trigger occasionally. If this occurs, lower the X-Talk Cancel value for that pad.
7. When you're finished, press KIT to exit. The new settings are saved automatically.