The following information will help you troubleshoot in the event that the computer or audio software does not recognize the OCTA-CAPTURE:
- Be sure that only a Roland brand PSB-120 or PSB-1U model power supply is being used--3rd party power supplies can cause the unit to not operate properly.
If using only one OCTA-CAPTURE, be sure that its not in VS Expand mode:
- Press and hold the DISPLAY button for a few seconds. The SYSTEM menu appears.
- Turn the CURSOR/VALUE dial to select “VS EXPAND” and the press the CURSOR/VALUE button inwards.
- If the VS EXPAND is set to “ON”, turn the CURSOR/VALUE dial to select “OFF” and then press the dial inward to confirm the selection.
- Turn off the OCTA-CAPTURE and then power the unit back on.
- When using the latest driver version, the OCTA-CAPTURE system program MUST be updated to at least Version 1.5. The version number appears on the OCTA-CAPTURE screen when it's powering on. If a version earlier than version 1.5 appears on the screen while powering on, please update the OCTA-CAPTURE's operating system for the latest driver to be compatible:
- Install the latest driver for the operating system being used:
Note to macOS Users:
- Be sure to log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
- Close/turn off system monitoring/anti-virus software. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, close them while troubleshooting.
- Connect directly to your computer via USB. Do not connect to a USB hub while troubleshooting.
- Be sure that you are connecting to a USB 2.0 port on your computer; or a USB 3.0 port with backwards compatibility. Check the USB 3.0 specifications of your computer to determine if there is complete support for USB backwards compatibility.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Try a different USB port on the computer.
- Try disconnecting the USB cable and performing a Factory Reset:
Try disconnecting the OCTA-CAPTURE from the computer, running the uninstall program that came with the driver download, restarting the computer and then reinstalling:
Install the latest version of Windows or macOS.
- If using two OCTA-CAPTUREs, be sure that they are setup according to the instructions on pages 63-67 of the manual:
- Test on a different computer (if available) to pin-point whether the issue is due to the OCTA-CAPTURE itself or with the original computer being used.
If you're using Windows, install the latest Service Pack for Windows:
Windows Service Pack Update
Did you install a device, install software or a plug-in, or make a change to the computer or software before the issue appeared? If so, it's possible that the change caused the connection issue.