The following are hard drive (HDD) specifications for the BR-1600CD. Note that the BR-1600CD's operating system resides on flash ROM and is independent of the hard drive. Replacing the hard drive does not affect the operating system.
- 3.5" IDE drive (Also known as Parallel ATA). Solid state drives are not compatible.
- 80GB maximum with Version 2.01 operating system or later.
- Larger drives are not compatible and will work.
- Version update information can be found below.
- Any standard drive speed, buffer and cache specification is compatible
- Recommended brands when the BR-1600CD was in production were be Maxtor, Seagate and IBM. However we are unaware if these manufacturers are still producing these.
- Due to the age of the product, we no longer have resources for where to acquire these hard drives.
- Like other manufacturers in the industry, we cannot offer instructions regarding opening up a product and uninstalling or installing any components (e.g. the hard drive)--due to safety and liability reasons. If you are not comfortable with replacing the hard drive, please contact a local service center:
- Version Check: The following article will guide you through checking the BR-1600CD's current version of operating system:
- You may download and install the BR-1600CD's latest version here:
Note: If you're having any issue updating, please contact a local service center: