It's possible to export any of the internal waves (sounds) in the SPD-SX to an external USB drive. Once they are exported, you can transfer them to a computer to edit them in more detail or add them to audio tracks in your DAW.
Here's how to export a wave:
- Insert a USB flash memory drive into the USB MEMORY port on the back panel of the SPD-SX.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press the cursor right button to highlight the UTIL icon, and then press ENTER.
- Highlight "WAVE LIST," and then press ENTER.
- Press the cursor up or down buttons to select and highlight the wave that you want to export.
- Press the QUICK button.
- Press cursor down to highlight "WAVE EXPORT."
- Press ENTER.
- Press ENTER again to execute. "EXPORT COMPLETED" appears in the display when the process is finished.
- Press EXIT to return to the main menu.