You can record from a digital source such as a keyboard or an audio player using the COAXIAL DIGITAL IN. The BR-1600CD is compatible with the following digital audio format:
Digital Audio Format: S/PDIF
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Connect either speakers to the BR-1600CD's LINE OUTs or headphones to the BR-1600CD's PHONES 1 or PHONES 2 headphone jack on the front left panel.
- Turn down the BR-1600CD's MASTER fader to it's lowest position (all the way down).
- Connect the digital out from your device to the digital input on the BR-1600CD.
Note: Be sure that you are using a "digital audio" coaxial cable and NOT an analog RCA cable.
- On the BR-1600CD, press the UTILITY button.
- Cursor to SYSTEM and press ENTER/YES.
- Cursor to DIGITAL IN ASSIGN and then turn the TIME/VALUE dial to select "INPUT". A message will appear with "Digital In Lock".
Note: While you are using the DIGITAL INPUT, no analog inputs will be available.
- Press EXIT/NO several times to return to the main screen.
- Press the STEREO TRACKS button on the top left of the BR-1600CD so that it is illuminated red.
- Adjust the black INPUT LEVEL knob on the left panel of the BR-1600CD to the 12 o'clock position (straight up).
- Turn up the volume on your external digital audio device.
- Turn up the volume on your external speakers. If you are using headphones, turn up the PHONES 1 LEVEL or PHONES 2 LEVEL (headphone volume) on the BR-1600CD.
- Begin playing your external digital audio device and then turn up the BR-1600CD's MASTER fader level. You will begin to hear audio from your external device.
- Press the TRACK BUTTON of the stereo track that you would like to record to (i.e. track 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 or 15/16). The selected track buttons will begin to blink.
- Press the REC button and then press PLAY. The BR-1600CD will begin to record.
- Press the STOP button to end recording.