The following are hard drive (HDD) specifications for the BR-1200CD:
- 3.5" IDE drive (Also known as Parallel ATA).
- 80GB maximum with Version 1.10 operating system or later.
NOTE: Larger drives are not compatible and will not work.
- Any standard drive speed, buffer and cache specification is compatible
- Recommended brands would be Maxtor, Seagate and IBM.
NOTE: We do not recommend using Western Digital brand hard drives as customers have reported issues with these drives in past years.
- Hard drives can be found at most electronic/computer stores or online.
- Like other manufacturers in the industry, we cannot offer instructions regarding opening up a product and uninstalling or installing any components (e.g. the hard drive)--due to safety and liability reasons.
- Version Check: The following article will guide you through checking the BR-1200CD's current version of operating system:
- BR-1200CD: Checking the System Version
- You may download and install the BR-1200CD's latest version here: