The following article will guide you through connecting and setting up a microphone with the DUO-CAPTURE.
Note: The DUO-CAPTURE driver must be installedprior to following the instructions below. You may download and install the driver for your computer's operating system here:
DUO-CAPTURE Downloads(Installation instructions are included in the download)
- Connect the DUO-CAPTURE to your computer via USB. Be sure to connect directly to the computer and not through a USB hub.
- Connect the microphone to the MIC/GUITAR input of the DUO-CAPTURE.
- The DUO-CAPTURE does not supply "Phantom Power" or "Plug-in Power". If you are using a condenser or electret microphone that require phantom power or plug-in power, this will need to be supplied externally. Check the documentation of the microphone to determine if the microphone you are using requires external power to operate.
- Do not connect a microphone to the LINE IN jack.
- If the microphone has an ON/OFF switch, set this to ON.
- Set the INPUT MONITOR switch to its inward pressed position (pressed in).
- Set the Hi-Z and INPUT GAIN switches to their outward position (not pressed in).
- Bring the OUTPUT LEVEL of the DUO-CAPTURE down.
- Connect either headphones to the PHONES jack or speakers to the LINE OUT jack. If using speakers, turn them on and their volume up.
- While talking or singing into the microphone, bring up the INPUT LEVEL until the PEAK light blinks occasionally.
- Slowly bring up the OUTPUT LEVEL to hear the microphone.
- You may now setup the DUO-CAPTURE within the recording software of your choice. Check the documentation of the software or contact the software manufacturer for audio interface setup instructions for their software.