The RD-800 can be connected to a computer via USB, and there are two modes available - Generic or Original. The Generic mode is useful when connecting to a device that already has generic or core-midi drivers, such as an iPad or iPhone. The Original driver is for use with a Mac or PC and you must also install Roland's USB driver on the computer to use this mode. Use the following steps to set the internal USB driver mode:
- Press MENU so it is lit.
- CURSOR to "System" and press ENTER.
- CURSOR to "USB Driver" and use the INC / DEC buttons or the Value Dial to make your USB driver selection.
- Press WRITE to save this setting - "Are You Sure?" will be displayed.
- Press the ENTER button to confirm the setting.
- Turn the RD-800 off, then back on, to finish making the driver change.