It's possible to pan the instruments in the TD-11. This can be useful if you want to adjust the sound of how instruments are represented in the L and Right outputs. For example, if you use "L15" as the pan setting for one of the instruments, then the sound of that instrument would only come out of the Left output on the TD-11 ( or only out of the left side of your headphones if you have headphones connected).
Here's how to adjust the panning for an instrument:
1. Choose a desired kit to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Press F1 (INST).
4. Press F2 (EDIT).
5. Press the cursor down button repeatedly to choose "Pan."
6. Hit the pad that you want to adjust the panning for.
7. Turn the dial to adjust pan setting (L15 - CENTER - R15).
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other pads as desired.
9. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the kit automatically.