The following article will guide through selecting a recording format. The audio format setting is a combination of the sampling rate and the Rec Mode. The choice of audio format will depend on the recording application. For guidance on which sampling rate and Rec Mode to use, you can refer to the “Recording Settings for Various Situations” (p. 58) of the owner's manual:
R-05 Owner's Manual
WAV files allow for higher-quality recording than MP3 files. However If you choose MP3, the file size will be smaller than WAV--allowing you to record for a longer length of time. Higher settings for “bit” for WAV or “bps” for MP3 will allow for higher-quality recording; however will increase file size and shorten the available recording time. WAV+MP3 simultaneously creates both a WAV file and an MP3 file.
SELECTING A RECORDING FORMAT:
- Press the MENU button and then press the up cursor button to cursor to"Recorder Setup."
- Press the red record button .
- Press the left and right cursor buttons to select the desired "Sample Rate."
- Press down cursor button to select "Rec Mode."
- Press the left and right cursor buttons to select the desired "Rec Mode."
- Press MENU twice to return to the main screen.
RECORDING AN AUDIO FILE:
- Press the red Record button so that it flashes red.
- Use the INPUT + and - buttons to adjust the input level on the screen so that the audio source averages between "12" and "6" on the meter:
- Press the REC button a second time to begin recording.
- Press STOP to stop recording.
- Press PLAY to hear the recording. Note the name of the file on the top of the screen. This is useful if you would like to find the file at a later time or would like to transfer the file to a computer.
If you would like to transfer the file to a computer, the following article will guide through this:
R-05: Transfering Files From the R-05 to a Computer (Backup)