Note: This article refers to the 2011 MICRO BR® BR-80 Digital Recorder. If you're looking for information on the BOSS MICRO BR® Digital Recorder that was released in 2006, please clicking this link:
The following will guide through achieving a good volume balance between a connected guitar and an eBand song.
- Press the power button a number of times until "eBand" is illuminated on the BR-80.
- Turn down the BR-80's VOLUME level knob until "OUTPUT: 0" is selected on the screen.
- Connect headphones or speakers to the PHONE/LINE OUT jack.
- Connect a guitar into the 1/4" MIC/GUITAR jack of the BR-80.
Note: Be sure to connect the guitar with a standard, unbalanced guitar cable and not a balanced cable.
- On the back of the BR-80, set the GUITAR / MIC switch to GUITAR.
- Turn up the volume on the guitar itself.
- Begin playing the guitar and then turn up the REC LEVEL knob on the BR-80 until the volume meter is as high as possible (to the right) without clipping:
Note: If you turn REC LEVEL level knob all the way up and the volume meter is still not very high, you can further adjust the volume:
- Press MENU --> CURSOR to "INPUT SENS" and press ENTER --> turn the dial to adjust the input "SENSITIVITY."
- Turn up the VOLUME knob on the BR-80 until a desired volume is achieved. Note: If speakers are connected, be sure to turn up their own volume.
eBand Song Setup
- Press a few times to be sure that the main screen is selected.
- Turn the dial to select a song.
- Press PLAY on the BR-80.
- If the song is too loud or too soft, press the MENU button.
- CURSOR to "SONG" and press ENTER.
- CURSOR to "INFO" and press ENTER.
- CURSOR down to "VOLUME" and then turn the dial to raise or lower the volume.
- Press EXIT three times to return to the main screen.
The following will adjust the volume of the internal drum machine/metronome. This process may be skipped if you're not using the internal drums or metronome.
- Press the RHYTHM button.
- CURSOR to the right or left to select the number above "LEVEL."
- Turn the dial to change the volume level of the internal drum machine/metronome.