The following article will guide through reloading the factory data back into the BR-80. This is useful if any data was accidentally erased, if a card was initialized or if a new memory card is being used.
Note: The following instructions will delete/erase all data currently on the memory card and replace it with just the factory data. If you need to keep any data currently on the card (such as your own recordings), follow the backup procedure in the owner's manual first.
I. Downloading the Factory Restore Data:
- Download the factory data from the link below:
MICRO BR® BR-80 Factory Restore Data
- Be sure to note where on your computer's hard drive you are downloading this factory restore data to (e.g. in the "Downloads" folder).
- After the download has completed, close down all software and any windows open on your computer.
- Open the folder location on your computer that you downloaded the BR-80 Factory Restore Data to.
- Double-click on the "br80_sdrd_v102.zip" file.
A window will appear with a "BR80_SDcardRecoverData" folder inside.
Mac OS X:
A new folder named "BR80_SDcardRecoverData" will appear in the window.
- Double-click on this "BR80_SDcardRecoverData" folder. A "Roland" folder will appear.
- Left-click (and hold the left-click) on the "Roland" folder, drag the folder to the desktop and then let go of the left click. The "Roland" folder will now reside on the computer's desktop.
Note: If a "Roland" folder already exists on the desktop from a previous backup, move the "Roland" folder that was already on the desktop to a different location on the computer other than the desktop.
- Close down all open windows so that the computer desktop is the only thing visible.
II. Recovering the Factory Data onto BR-80:
- Press the MENU button on the BR-80.
- Cursor to "Function" and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "USB" and then press ENTER.
- Use the dial to specify "STORAGE" and then press ENTER.
- A message will appear: "Please restart to change the USB mode." Press ENTER.
- Power off the BR-80 and then turn the power back on.
- Connect the BR-80 to your computer via USB. A window will appear on your computer showing the contents of the BR-80 memory card.
Note: If a window does not appear:
Windows: Click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom left of the screen, click on "Computer" (or "My Computer") and then open the “BR-80 eBand” icon (or the “removable disk (*:)” icon.
Mac: Click on the “BR-80 eBand” icon (or the “removable disk (*:)” icon on the desktop.
- Delete the “ROLAND” folder in the "BR-80 eBand” icon (or the “removable disk (*:) window.
Note: This will delete all recorded content in the BR-80's memory card.
- Close the BR-80 eBand (or the “removable disk (*:) window.
- Drag and drop the backup "ROLAND" folder that you previously created (backed up) onto the “BR-80 eBand” icon (or the “removable disk (*:) icon.
Note: You must drag and drop the entire “ROLAND” folder. Do not drag and drop any other files or folders but the entire ROLAND folder itself.
- After the recovery has completed, properly disconnect the BR-80 from your computer:
Windows: Use the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Windows task tray to un-mount the USB memory and then disconnect the USB memory from your computer.
Mac: Drag the Drive icon of the USB memory into the trash in the dock and then remove the USB memory from your computer.