FR-8X: Updating the system program version to 1.07
Please check the version of the system working on your FR-8X / FR-8Xb before downloading the archive file.
- When you turn the power on, the system software version is shown in the Display. Do not perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
If your FR-8X / FR-8XB is not up-to-date with the system program version 1.07, the first thing you need to do is download the updating files, available at this link: Roland - Support - FR-8x - Updates & Drivers > FR-8x / FR-8xb System Program
Once you have the downloaded necessary files on your computer, please follow these instructions to complete the update:
- Expand the downloaded file "fr8x_sys_v107.zip" on your computer to get the following content ( 7 files ). - PICUPD819.MID - PROGRAM.BIN - release.txt - rom.bin - romsum.txt - startup - update
- First delete all existing files from the USB memory then copy the above content (7 files) to the USB memory's root folder.
- After verifying that the FR-8X / FR-8Xb power is off, plug the USB memory into the FR-8X USB MEMORY port.
- Turn the power on while keeping and holding the [MENU/WRITE] buttons pressed until the message "Update Mode:" will appear on the display. When updating is successfully completed, the "SUCCESS" message will appear on the display. Turn the FR-8X power off and unplug the USB memory. Note: The update procedure takes about 5 minutes.
- Unzip the file fr8x_subcpu_v105.zip.
- Copy the content of the unzipped file to the root of an empty USB memory.
- Plug the mentioned USB memory in a switched off FR-8X.
- Turn the power on while keeping and holding the [MENU/WRITE] button pressed until the following message will appear on the display: Boot program v 1.00 Update Mode Loading ..... The software upload starts and the blue leds of the panel will light. Note: The update procedure takes about 5 minutes. Attention: During the update procedure you must not: a. switch off the FR-8X b. disconnect the Usb Memory
- When updating is successfully completed, all the blue LEDs switch on steadily.
- Turn the FR-8X power off and unplug the USB memory.