The following article will guide you troubleshooting in the event that the OCTA-CAPTURE is not outputting any audio or the output volume is low.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you're running Windows on a Mac computer and having this issue, this most likely because the OCTA-CAPTURE is not compatible with Mac computers running Microsoft Windows such as Bootcamp or Parallels.
Be sure that you have the following connections and settings first:
Lower the MAIN OUT knob completely counter-clockwise (i.e. all the way down).
Connect speakers to the MAIN 2R and 1L output jacks or headphones to the PHONES jack of the OCTA-CAPTURE.
Turn up the volume on the speakers.
NOTE: Do not connect the speakers or headphones to your computer but connect them directly to the OCTA-CAPTURE as explained above.
- Press the button so that it's sticking outward.
You can now use the MAIN OUT knob to control overall level. Turn the know clockwise (up) to hear audio.
If you are trying to get sound from an instrument or device connected to the OCTA-CAPTURE (mic, guitar, keyboard), refer to the "Recording a Microphone or Guitar" section on page 36 or the "Simultaneously Recording Multiple Inputs (Multi Recording)" section on page 40 of the owner's manual.
If you are trying to get sound from a software program that uses the Sound settings of your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows Media Player, iTunes, etc), the following article will guide you through the proper setup:
Setting Up as the Default Audio Interface For A Computer
If you are trying to get sound from another software application, refer to the audio software's current manual or online help for proper audio interface setup procedures. Be sure that the OCTA-CAPTURE's audio driver is setup properly as an input and output device according to the audio software's owner's manual or online help.
If the problem still continues, the following is additional troubleshooting information:
- Try to factory reset the OCTA-CAPTURE:
How to Reset the Internal Settings
- Be sure to log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
- Close/turn off system monitoring/anti-virus software. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, close them while troubleshooting.
- Update the OCTA-CAPTURE's operating system for the latest driver to be compatible. The OCTA-CAPTURE hardware's current version appears on the screen when powering on. The latest version can be downloaded below.
- Install the latest driver for you operating system. You may download the latest driver from the link below:
OCTA-CAPTURE DownloadsNOTE: When you use the latest driver version, the OCTA-CAPTURE system program MUST be updated to the latest version or the unit will not communicate with the computer.
- If you are using USB 3.0 ports, be sure that the ports are compatible with USB 2.0 specifications/devices.
- Be sure that VS Expand mode has not be inadvertently turned on:
a. Press and hold the DISPLAY button for a few seconds. The SYSTEM menu appears.
b. Turn the CURSOR/VALUE dial to select “VS EXPAND” and the press the CURSOR/VALUE button inwards.
c. If the VS EXPAND is set to “ON”, turn the CURSOR/VALUE dial to select “OFF” and then press the dial inward to confirm the selection.
d. Turn off the OCTA-CAPTURE and then power the unit back on.
- Be sure that you are using a Roland PSB-1U or PSB-120 power supply only--3rd party power supplies can cause the interface to not operate properly.