Note: This article refers to the 2011 MICRO BR® BR-80 Digital Recorder. If you're looking for information on the BOSS MICRO BR® Digital Recorder that was released in 2006, please click this link:
BR-80: Backing Up Songs to a Computer
It's important to make periodic backups of your data as a safety precaution. The following steps will guide you through the backup procedure.
- Press the MENU button.
- Cursor to "Function" and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "USB" and then press ENTER.
- Use the dial to specify "STORAGE" and then press ENTER.
- A message will appear: "Please restart to change the USB mode." Press ENTER.
- Power off the BR-80 and then turn the power back on.
- Connect the BR-80 to your computer via USB. A window will appear on your computer showing the contents of the BR-80 memory card.
NOTE: If this window does not appear:
Click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom-left of your desktop and then select "My Computer" (or "Computer). The BR-80 (or "Removable Disk") icon will be in Devices with Removable Storage.
Double-click on the "BR-80" (or "Removable Disk") icon that is added to your computer's desktop.
- Drag the "ROLAND" folder onto your computer's desktop. A backup copy of the BR-80's memory card contents will be placed onto your Desktop.
NOTE: The "ROLAND" folder contains all data from the memory card.
- After the backup has completed, properly disconnect the BR-80 from your computer:
Windows: Use the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Windows task tray to un-mount the USB memory and then disconnect the USB memory from your computer.
Mac: Drag the Drive icon of the USB memory into the trash in the dock and then remove the USB memory from your computer.