The following are hard drive (HDD) specifications for the VS-2000:
NOTE: Like other manufacturers, we cannot offer instructions regarding opening up a VS-2000 and replacing the hard drive--due to safety and liability reasons. If you need assistance installing a VS-2000 hard drive, you may contact a local service center here:
Service Center Locator
- 3.5" IDE drive (Also known as Parallel ATA). Other hard drive types, such as SSD, are not compatible.
- 120GB maximum. Larger drives are not compatible and will not work.
- Any standard drive speed, buffer and cache specification is compatible.
- Recommended brands would be Maxtor, Seagate and IBM. We do not recommend using Western Digital brand hard drives as customers have reported issues with these drives in past years.
- Hard drives can be found at most electronic/computer stores or online.