The following steps will guide you through an alternative driver installation process in the event that you are receiving an error message or the driver will not install properly on your Windows computer.
• The old driver must be uninstalled before you install the new driver (instructions can be found below).
• When you use this driver version, the GT-100 system program MUST be updated to the latest version (Ver.2.02 or later). The unit's version number will appear on the GT-100's screen upon startup. You may download the latest version by using the "GT-100 Downloads" link below.
• When installing, you must log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
• Close system monitoring/anti-virus software before installing. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you’ve finished installing the driver.
- Disconnect the GT-100 from the computer.
- Download the driver from the link below:
- Be sure to note where on your computer's hard drive you are downloading the driver to (e.g. in the "Downloads" folder).
- After the download has completed, close down all software on your computer.
- Open the folder location on your computer that you downloaded the driver to.
- Double left-click on the downloaded gt100_wind_v200.zip file. A new window will appear with a "gt100_wind_v200" folder inside.
- Left click on the gt100_wind_v200 folder and hold the left click.
- Drag the folder to the desktop and then let go of the left click.
- Close down the window so that the computer's desktop is the only thing visible.
- Open the "gt100_wind_v200" folder on the desktop and run the "Uninstall.exe" file. Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.
- When the uninstall has completed, connect the GT-100 to your computer via USB and then turn the unit on--do not connect the GT-100 through a USB hub.
- Windows 8:
a. Move your mouse to the top-right of the screen. The Charms bar appears on the right hand side of the screen.
b. Click on "Settings".
Windows 7 and Vista:
a. Click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- Select Control Panel. The Control Panel window will appear.
- On the top-right of the Control Panel window, set the “View by:” to “Small Icons”.
- Click on the “System” icon. The System window appears.
- In the left panel of the System window, click on “Device Manager”. The Device Manager window appears.
- Right-click on "GT-100" in the "Other devices" section of the Device Manager window.
- Click (left-click) on "Update Driver Software..."
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Click on "Browse".
- Select "Desktop" and then click on "OK".
- Click on "Next". The driver will begin installing.
Note: if a message appears asking "Would you like to install this device software?", click on "Install".
- Click on "Close" when the driver has completed installation.